The Ahmed Al Jibouri Foundation:
Aside from his profit-making empire, Dr Ahmed has his own vision and point of view on improving and empowering the lives of others; as he has the know-how to create trouble-free developed communities.
His vision implies investing in innovational trends with a wide focus on youth empowerment, widely known nowadays as ‘Entrepreneurship’, and mainly spread among our young generation.
Coming from a country that has drastically suffered as a result of war and political conflicts, Dr Ahmed is determined to give everlasting hope to individuals – particularly children and youngsters – that have undergone harsh lives due to wars and other epidemics.
One of his milestones is to work on gathering a kaleidoscope of ideas, concepts and approaches to empower and build the human capacity especially at a young age.
Consequently, the Ahmed Al Jibouri Foundation was established.
About the Foundation
It is a 50 million USD challenge fund providing grants to businesses and research institutions to scale innovations based on quality, value for money, and sustainability of services in various clusters including education, health, water and sanitation, advanced technology and robotics, artificial intelligence, and community pay-back; with special focus on under-privileged, war-victim communities.
The foundation’s initial milestone is to deliver basic human development services, and enhance the evidence-base and innovation ecosystem.
This allows the fast assessment, funding, and growing of open-source solutions that can improve peoples’ lives. The foundation supports individuals who show a strong founding team, and a clear path to improving our future.
The Foundation’s Accomplishments
Until this day, an amount of 15 million USD was invested in Jordan. Iraq, and the UAE; with an eye to invest in more start-ups during 2018 in an attempt to widen its umbrella and achieve greater geographical coverage.
The foundation assists in supporting needy families through creating productive projects, and adopting the young generations’ ideas; with focus on education and its importance in the development of societies.
Distinguishing factors of the foundation as a ‘challenge fund‘ include the long investment period which reflects the desired intent to scale early innovations.
*Please visit our Young Thinkers website (www.ythinkers.com) to apply for seed funding for your start-up. We are open to all ideas no matter how simple they may seem, as we believe in the saying: “Great Innovations come from the Simplest Ideas”.
Clusters of the Foundation
- Innovation Cluster
- Establishing entrepreneurship entities where financial seed funds and logistics are provided to applicants (Ythinkers). The main interest here is education development, hi-tech solutions, and renewable energy.
- Establishing an incubation center dedicated to environment friendly projects, and the integration with artificial intelligence and machine learning. (Tashje’e)
- Scholarships and Capacity Building Cluster1. Providing yearly and on-going budgets to selected candidates.2. Covering tuition fees and monthly pocket-money.3. Providing business counseling sessions to candidates.
4. Assisting in securing job opportunities to fresh graduates.
- Community Pay-back Cluster
- Ramadan campaigns (Handing over 15,000 packs) to families in need.
- Zaka payments (Calculated by an official member of Dar Al Ifta’a – Jordan), and handed to properly selected cases by Al Jibouri Foundation.
- King Hussein Cancer Center donations that include payments, gifts, and building maintenance.
- Medical treatment for unfortunate candidates.
- A dedicated department at Al Jibouri Foundation that accepts cases for families in need.
- Financial support for orphans and widows.